Pine Tree ISD accepts transfer applications to allow students who live in another district to attend Pine Tree schools. Transfer requests will be subject to available space. Transfer approvals are valid for the school year. A new application must be submitted each school year. There are currently no transfer fees.
1. Pine Tree ISD does not accept transfers for Prekindergarten students.
2. Parent/guardian must provide appropriate documentation WITH the application for new students. Pine Tree ISD does not request these from the prior school district. This includes: (Do NOT include birth certificate or immunizations)
End of year report card
State Assessment scores (STAAR if from Texas)
3. Transfer applications may be submitted to the Office of the Superintendent in person at the Pine Tree Administration building at 1701 Pine Tree Road, by email to [email protected], or by mail:
Pine Tree ISD
PO Box 5878
Longview, TX 75608
4. Out of District Transfer applications are valid for one school year. A new application must be submitted each school year.
5. Parent/guardian will be notified by USPS mail as soon as the application has been processed and a decision has been made regarding approval or denial.
Applications submitted prior to the first day of school will be processed and notification sent by USPS mail during the summer. It may be after the first week of school for Kindergartners to be notified, depending on space availability. Applications received once the school year has started will be placed in the mail within 10 days of receipt. The first day of school is August 17, 2022.
Parent/guardian is responsible for transportation to and from school. Bus privileges are not available, including in-district addresses.
All rules regarding student eligibility for UIL competitions will be followed. Approval of an Out of District transfer does not verify UIL eligibility. Students who participate in UIL athletics must verify eligibility through the District Athletic Director.
Transfer students must follow all Pine Tree ISD rules and regulations, including but not limited to District policies and regulations, the Student Code of Conduct, and attendance requirements. Transfer students may have their enrollment revoked if the student does not adhere to all policies and regulations based on poor attendance, excessive tardiness, or inappropriate student behavior or parent behavior.
Please reference School Board Policy FDA(local) regarding specific guidelines for student transfers. For further inquiries, please contact the superintendent’s office at 903-295-5000.