TWITTER - @PTHSCOUNSELORS | FACEBOOK - @PT HS Counselors | BLOG - pthsseniors.blogspot.com
In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:
1. Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
2. Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA); or
3. Submit a signed opt-out form.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Hernandez or visit https://tea.texas.gov/academics/college-career-and-military-prep/financial-aid-requirement
Look through each month's tabs below and explore the scholarships that are due during that month. Take note of their requirements and DUE DATES. Remember there is a difference between DUE and POSTMARKED. Scholarship applications will be linked to the online application's website or uploaded under the scholarship section below. Paper copies are also available in the counseling center. See Mrs. Hernandez if you have questions.
Additional Scholarship Resources:
The Gates Millennium Scholarship Due 9/15/21
Amount: Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university. *Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to 300 of these student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
QuestBridge National College Match
Amount: The Match Scholarship is offered as part of a generous financial aid package provided by the college that covers the cost of attendance, including: Tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and travel expenses.
Match Scholarship Recipients are granted early admission to one of QuestBridge's college partners with a full four-year scholarship, worth over $200,000. Our college partners use a combination of their own funds as well as state and federal aid to fund the scholarship. Please view each college partner's(opens external link in new window) Financial Aid section for further details and see a glossary of financial aid terms(opens external link in new window).
2021/2022 Celebrating Texas Public Schools Scholarship Due 10/15/21
Those interested in applying for the scholarship must do the following:
1. Prepare a video/multimedia presentation, 2 minutes or less, regarding how public school has impacted your life/career choice and prepared you to meet your future goals.
2. Request one letter from a teacher related to the student’s work in school (pdf preferred).
3. Obtain one letter from a guidance counselor, principal, vice-principal, or superintendent regarding the student’s plans after graduation.
4. Complete the application below. Include how the scholarship will be used for the student's future/help achieve my goals, include approval to use video/presentation, link for presentation, upload letter docs and submit.
Website: CLICK HERE
The Coca-Cola Scholarship Due 10/31/21
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 33rd class in 2021, the Foundation has provided over 6,450 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $75 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
Elk National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarship Due 11/15/2021 at 11:59 PM
Amount: $1,000 - $12,500
High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship Due 11/18/2021
Amount: Up to $40,000
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Dell Scholars Scholarship
Amount: financial support of $20,000, a laptop, and textbook credits
Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12 View list of approved CRPs ?
Plan to enroll full-time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a bachelor's degree in the fall directly following high school graduation
Be eligible to receive a federal Pell Grant in first year of college
Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA
Website: CLICK HERE
Forty Acres Scholarship
Amount: Full Ride
AXA Equable Excellence Scholarship Due 12/17/21 or when 10,000 applications are submitted, whichever occurs first.
Amount: $2,500 - $5,000
Equitable Excellence award winners come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, but are united by their drive, determination, and strong character.
Applicants to the Equitable Excellence? Scholarship Program must:
Be United States citizens or legal residents living or claiming residency in one of the 50 U.S. states, District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.
Be current high school seniors who plan to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the United States** by Fall 2022.
**Enrollment at an accredited postsecondary institution outside of the United States may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Be willing to provide a release to publicize their identities and information about their achievements along with photographs for use in program promotion and information.
Stephany June Bryan Bold Spirit of Achievement Scholarship Due 1/5/2022
To honor Stephany’s passions and personal goals, these scholarships will be
awarded based on the following criteria and preferences:
• Lived experience with a mental health challenge and/or caring for a person
with a mental health challenge.
• Financial impact of living with a mental health challenge and/ or caring for
a person with a mental health challenge and the need for financial support
to advance education/training.
• Impact of living as a person of color.
• Preference for a person residing in central Texas.
• Verification of enrollment for education/training.
Student Voice: A Conversation about Education Scholarship Due 1/14/2022 at 5:00 PM
You must be a currently enrolled high school senior in a Texas public high school.
You must commit to attend and participate in the 2022 Governance Camp.
OR, if the event ends up being held virtually, you must commit to participating in a virtual panel practice, panel recording, and panel discussion at the times specified (TBD).
If you are selected, you must provide a current photo in JPEG format and other media-related items in the same format as received (no Google documents, etc.) by the deadline set by TASB.
Application submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. CT on January 14, 2022.
AG Champs Scholarship Due 1/15/2022
Amount: Winners will receive $1,000 Visa gift cards and will advance to the selection process for the Marsha Martin Scholarship.
To qualify, an applicant must:
Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Due 1/25/22 at 3 PM CT
Applicants to the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program must be:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be high school seniors who are currently enrolled in or who have completed an advanced placement computer science course or who have taken an advanced placement computer science test.
- Be planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year majoring in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other computer related field of study.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Immediate family members of Amazon employees or its subsidiaries are not eligible to apply.
H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence Due 1/28/2022
H-E-B is a Corporate Sponsor of the UIL and has its annual H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence opportunity. Nominees must have the following submitted to https://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/by no later than January 28, 2022:
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be at the UIL Boys Basketball State Championships.
Texas Student Housing Scholarship Due 1/31/22
1. Scholarships for academic year 2022-2023 will be limited to students who will be attending college in College Station, or Denton, Texas.
2. Scholarships are awarded for the full or partial cost of an OFF-CAMPUS room for one (1) academic year at The Ridge at North Texas, and the Cambridge in College Station. This scholarship cannot be transferred to another university or location A scholarship awardee may be eligible for scholarship support the following year if the student maintains TSHA established academic and leadership standards and communicates with the TSHA Board as required.
3. A college grade point average of 3.0 is desired for renewal of the scholarship for subsequent
years. The Board also requires you to keep them apprised of your progress in
Application: CLICK HERE
Union Plus Scholarship Due 1/31/22
Current and retired members of participating unions, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations). At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant's spouse or parent (if applicant is a dependent). The one year membership minimum must be satisfied by May 31 of the scholarship year. Applicants are evaluated according to academic ability, social awareness, financial need and appreciation of labor. A GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended. The required essays can account for up to half your total score. Scholarship applicants are judged by a committee of impartial post-secondary educators.
Dixie Youth Softball Scholarship Due 2/1/22
Applicant must be a senior in high school and must have participated in a DIXIE SOFTBALL program for at least two (2) seasons.
Applicant’s ability as an athlete will NOT be a factor in awarding scholarships. Financial need as well as scholastic ability will be factors
in determining the award recipients. Please be aware – NCAA rules may prohibit acceptance of this scholarship if a student will be
participating in an athletic program in college.
East Texas Communities Foundation Scholarships Due 2/1/2022
Applications Will Open in December
East Texas Communities Foundation will be accepting applications for 76 scholarships which will be awarded for the 2021-2022 academic year. Most are due February 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Some are due March 1, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Deadlines are clearly noted on each application.
Use the simple matching tools on the website that is linked below to help determine which scholarships you are most likely eligible for and to access the applications. ALL applicants should use the General Matching Tool. Students majoring in visual arts, art history, music, music education, theater, or dance should also use the Arts Matching Tool. Only students currently attending or accepted to attend a medical school in Texas are eligible for the Medical School Scholarship.
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Scholarship Due 2/1/2022
- Be a U.S. citizen and Texas resident.
- Graduating high school senior from eligible school.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Plan to attend an accredited, not-for-profit university in the state of Texas
In order to complete this application, you will need:
Official FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
If not born in the US, proof of citizenship
If a dependent of a service member, proof of service
Women With Heart Scholarship Due 2/1/22
Amount: Up to $5,000
Who can enter:
- Any high school senior, no GPA requirements
- Scholarships awarded as cash prize to be used as needed toward college or other continued education expenses
How to enter:
- Create short video with theme related to heart health in women
- Video cannot exceed 2 minutes in length
- Smartphone videos are acceptable
- File size cannot exceed 100MB
- Video can include family, friends and classmates, but student producing the video is considered the applicant (one applicant per video)
- Videos must be MPEG2 or MPEG4 format.
- Deadline to submit February 1st, 2022. No videos will be accepted after this date.
- Please complete media consent form along with video submission. If under the age of 18, parents must sign the consent form.
Barksdale Federal Credit Union Scholarship Scholarship Due 2/4/2022
In order to be eligible to participate in this Contest, the entrant must be:
- a 2022 high school graduate;
- a Barksdale Federal Credit Union member;
- enrolled in, or accepted to attend, an accredited United States College or University in the fall of 2022; and
- Must meet the minimum application requirements as listed on the Barksdale Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program Application.
Women in Longview Inc. Scholarship Due 2/11/22
Women in Longview, Inc. will award a $1,000 scholarship to selected graduating high school senior girls. The recipients will have a strong academic background and be interested in pursuing a field of study at an accredited college, university, technical, or vocational school. Financial need, community involvement, and letters of recommendation will also be given consideration. Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
Please complete all areas in their entirety. If something does not apply to you, mark the area “Not Applicable.” Print or type your responses and return the application with required documents, as set out in the 2022 Scholarship Application Procedure, to Women In Longview, Inc., Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 161, Longview, TX 75606, by February 11, 2022.
2022 Eastman Connect Scholarship Due 2/11/22
Amount: $1,000 per semester (for 2 semesters)
Eastman’s Connect employee resource group for African American and black employees, is excited to announce we will be awarding a Technical College Scholarship to a qualified applicant in 2022!
Connect's mission is to create an inclusive and diverse environment in which African-American and Black team members feel valued and respected, are supported in their continued development and efforts to achieve their fullest potential, and that promotes the recruitment and retention of a robust pipeline of African-American and Black talent, which will help accelerate the achievement of Eastman’s business objectives and contribute positively to the communities where we operate.
Eastman Equality and Technical College Scholarship Due 2/11/22
Students must be a graduate of an area accredited high school and enroll in an Eastman Partner Technical College in one of the following validated programs: Process Technology, Industrial Maintenance, Instrumentation, Power Plant Technology, or Welding. Students will be selected for the scholarship during their senior year with the scholarship beginning the next fall semester. Selection will be based on the following:
Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP Scholarship Program Due 2/22/22
Applicants to the Boardwalk Pipelines, LP Scholarship Program must:
2022 Austin Bank Scholarship Due 2/25/2022
Amount: Nine scholarships in the following amount:
$2,500 for one year with $1,250 distributed each semester – Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
Twenty-five scholarships in the following amount:
$500 for one year distributed for the Fall 2022 semester of college
The student must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the scholarship:
? High school senior
? 2.5 GPA or greater (on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent)
? Complete the application in full
? Acquire 3-character reference letters (do not place in separate envelopes)
o 1 from a current or past teacher
o 2 from the community (neighbor, pastor, civic leader, organization leader, employer, etc.)
? Provide essay, no more than two typed pages, single or double spaced. The essay should discuss their educational plans
and why they feel they need or should be awarded this scholarship.
? Provide high school transcript (does not have to be ‘official’ or in sealed envelope but must be signed by school staff)
? Meet the submission deadline of February 25, 2022
o All applications must be postmarked or hand delivered to our Whitehouse office by this date.
o Applications received with insufficient postage will be returned to sender.
o Online application available at https://forms.gle/fTACWW8mFHDwyA9z5 (form closes at 11:59 p.m. Feb. 25)
Application: CLICK HERE (Paper copies are also available in the Counseling Center)
Young Women in Public Affairs Scholarship Due 2/25/22
Who is Eligible?
Women, aged 16-19 on 1st April each year, studying at a secondary school. college or university in a Zonta district/region, or who are studying elsewhere but are citizens of a Zonta country, who demonstrate evidence of the following, are eligible to apply.
Active commitment to volunteerism.
Experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid).
Volunteer leadership achievements.
Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs.
Support for Zonta International's mission of empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
APPLICATION: CLICK HERE
Texas Bank and Trust Excellence in Education Scholarship Due 2/28/22
Who can apply?
Submissions must be received in full no later than 11:59 p.m. on FEBRUARY 28, 2022. Selected students will be notified by a letter in the mail. Scholarships will awarded for the Fall 2022 semester only.
East Texas Professional Credit Union Presidential Scholarship for All Majors Due 3/1/22
Please see the below link to view all scholarship information.
APPLICATION: CLICK HERE (Paper copies are also available in the Counseling Center)
East Texas Professional Credit Union McLauchlin Scholarship for Education Majors Due 3/1/22
THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS FOR EDUCATION MAJORS ONLY! Please see the below link to view all scholarship information.
APPLICATION:CLICK HERE (Paper copies are also available in the Counseling Center)
LAAR Scholarship Due 3/1/2022
The Purpose of this scholarship is to assist individuals wishing to further their education. The applicants must be in pursuit of a degree or certification from a College, University or Technical Institute in any field. Scholarships will be awarded to a minimum of 5 students and each recipient will receive a $1,000 scholarship. Funds will be dispersed to the school you are enrolled in during the Fall Semester of 2022. Those funds will be disbursed following our receipt of proof of enrollment in a minimum of 12 hours in the semester system (8 hours in the quarter
system) for the fall semester.
The applicant must be a graduating senior in High School and must reside in the area served by the Longview Area Association of REALTORS®. Checks will be issued to the scholarship recipient’s school of choice. Scholarship funds must be requested within 60 days of each semester start date.
The scholarship application and all attachments must be postmarked by 3/1/22.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Longview Area Association of REALTORS®
1514 Judson Rd
Longview, TX 75601
Scholarship Opportunity for Students Experiencing Homelessness or Housing Insecurity Due 3/1/2022
Amount: This scholarship covers tuition costs, up to $2,000, for students experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
Selected scholars will also be paired with a mentor who will guide them throughout their years in higher education.
-Be at least 16 years of age and no older than 23 years of age and in your last year of high school.
- Students experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity as defined under the McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program (MV).
- Pursuing Post Secondary Education.
Longview-Gregg County Retired Teachers Association Scholarship Due 3/4/22
STEPS TO APPLY:
Fill in the application form completely. If you need more space, continue on the back of the page.
Attach an official copy of your high school transcript including your state test scores and ACT or SAT scores. Please double check with your high school counselor to verify if ACT or SAT scores are included on your transcript or if you need to attach the scores separately.
Attach three letters of recommendation. The letter must include how the person knows you and their contact information.
Attach an essay (one page or less) about why you wish to attend college.
Send the above to:
Longview-Gregg County RTA
3628 Rupe Huffman Rd.
Longview, Texas 75605
6. Application must be received by Wednesday, March 4, 2022.
Gregg County Farm Bureau College Scholarships Due 3/4/2022
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS – COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
1. Applicant must attend school in Gregg County or be the child of or under legal guardianship of a Gregg County Farm Bureau member.
2. Only graduating seniors are eligible to apply.
3. It will be mandatory that scholarship winners attend an accredited college/university the fall semester immediately following his or her selection, unless special permission is granted by the Gregg County Board of Directors.
4. Qualifications will be based on leadership, citizenship, academic achievement and financial need.
5. Applicant’s scholastic rating for the first 3 years of high school career should be high enough to place the applicant in the upper half of his or her class.
6. High School transcript signed by superintendent, principal, counselor or registrar must accompany application.
7. Candidates must have taken the ACT or SAT and the official results must be attached to the application.
8. Three letters of recommendation from teachers, administrators or others who have personal knowledge of your character (NOT your relatives) must be attached.
9. A photograph of the applicant must accompany the application.
Gregg County Farm Bureau Vocational Scholarships Due 3/4/2022
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS – VOCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
1. Applicant must attend school in Gregg County or be the child of or under legal guardianship of a
Gregg County Farm Bureau member.
2. Only graduating seniors are eligible to apply.
3. It will be mandatory that scholarship winners attend a vocational or technical school the
fall semester immediately following his or her selection, unless special permission is
granted by the Gregg County Farm Bureau Board of Directors.
4. Qualifications will be based on work history, citizenship, leadership, and need.
5. High School transcript signed by superintendent, principal, counselor or registrar must
6. Three letters of recommendation from teachers, administrators or others who have personal
knowledge of your character (NOT your relatives) must be attached.
7. A photograph of the applicant must accompany the application.
Aviagen Scholarship Due 3/9/22
The scholarship is only intended for students that attend Pine Tree High School. Students not associated with your school will not be considered for the scholarship.
Though we are a poultry company, students do not have to be going into an Ag related field of study in order to apply or be considered for the scholarship.
The counselor will be notified of the recipient on or before May 1st. The student will be contacted before the end of May in order to obtain their collegiate student ID/University information.
The check will be sent directly to the University.
Please complete the entire application and return it, along with a copy of your high school transcript, to your senior counselor
by March 09, 2022.
Gregg County Master Gardener Scholarship Due 3/15/22
The Gregg County Master Gardener organization will offer up to two $1000 scholarships to two qualifying high school seniors from the class of 2022 who will pursue a degree in an agricultural, forestry, or horticulture-related field. Applicants must be residents of Gregg County or attend a high school located in Gregg County. Special consideration will be given to students who actively volunteer with an agriculture or garden-related program and/or have financial need.
Horatio Alger Association State Scholarships Due 3/15/22
To be eligible to apply for a Horatio Alger State Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria*:
Region 7 Association of Educational Office Personnel (AEOP) Scholarship Due 3/15/22
It is our desire to award this scholarship to a deserving high school graduate who wishes to continue their education at any University, College or Technical School in Region 7.
Students must attend a school district within the Region 7 area.
Open to students planning to attend ANY technical school, university, community college etc within the Region 7 area.
High School Senior Graduate
Three Letters of Reference: such as (1) personnel – superintendent, principal, counselor, or teacher; (2) personal reference – pastor, neighbor, personal friend, or employer or sponsor of r activities.
Mail Official Transcripts and Reference letters to:
Region 7 AEOP
Attn: Kay Conerly
1909 North Longview Street
Kilgore, TX 75662
The scholarship committee will review all applications and send interview questionnaires, which must be received by April 12, 2022, to all eligible applicants who have submitted applications by the established deadline. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 903-988-6892 or e-mail [email protected] .
Junior League of Longview Scholarships Due 3/26/22
The purpose of this scholarship is to aid women needing financial aid to further their education and/or aid those seeking to return to the workforce by pursuing a higher degree. The applications are due Friday, March 26, 2020 and should be mailed to:
The Junior League of Longview, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 866
Longview, TX 75606
Or submitted electronically to:
Ramsey Realty Group Scholarships Due 3/28/22
Amount: All scholarships will total up to $5,000. Individual scholarships vary
The applicant must be a senior in high school in one of the following East Texas areas/school districts:
Longview, Pine Tree, Spring Hill, White Oak, Hallsville, Kilgore, Sabine, Elysian Fields, Marshall, Gilmer,
Union Grove, Union Hill, New Diana, Harleton, Henderson, Gladewater, Tatum, St. Mary’s, Trinity, &
This scholarship award is for any field to a four-year university, two-year junior college, or a technical/
It is the desire of Ramsey Realty Group to help students wanting to pursue higher education. We are
seeking to help those who typically do not otherwise qualify for many grants or academic scholarships if
any. We are looking to serve those that have a harder time obtaining scholarships but have the passion
and desire to succeed. The applicant's high school GPA is only one factor considered.
Chromebooks for Success Scholarship Due 4/1/22
Amount: Free Chromebook
Applications need to be turned into Mrs. Hernandez in the Counseling Center.
Dixie Youth Baseball Scholarship Due 4/1/22
Who Should Apply?
Outstanding High School Seniors who have participated in a franchised Dixie Boys Baseball, Incorporated program and plan to pursue
undergraduate studies at a college or university may apply. Dixie Boys Baseball, Incorporated programs include Dixie Boys Baseball for
boys 13 and 14 years old; Dixie Pre-Majors Baseball for boys 15 thru 17 years old; and Dixie Majors Baseball for boys 15 thru 19 years old.
Applications will be taken from January 1st thru April 1st each year. The winners will be selected by May 1st and notified immediately.
Cecil Moeschle Scholarship Due 4/2/22
Instructions and Criteria: CLICK HERE
Deep East Texas A&M Mother's Club Scholarship Due 4/2/22
In order to be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must:
1) Be attending Texas A&M College Station in the fall of 2020
2) Be graduating from a local High School and have a permanent address in one of the following school districts (Gilmer, Gladewater, Hallsville, Kilgore, Longview, New Diana, Pine Tree, Sabine, Spring Hill, and White Oak)
3) Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE MAILED OR DELIVERED TO
115 Timber Falls Dr Longview, Texas 75605
ON OR BEFORE Friday, April 1, 2022
Zonta Club of Longview Scholarship Due 4/1/21
Applicant must be 18 or younger and be in the last year of high school.
ALL sections of the application MUST be complete to be considered for funding.
Mail/or deliver the completed application and referral letters to the contact person.
Complete the application in a 12 point font.
Must turn in by the deadline or the application will NOT be considered - April 1, 2022
Current residence must be within a 30 mile radius of Longview, Texas
Current residence must be an active member of Z-Club
Area Go Texan Scholarship Due April (Exact date TBA)
Our local scholarship amount varies from year to year depending on how much we raised with our community’s support. We will usually close out our scholarship at the end of April. If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call @ 903 -985-2349. Students can either email the required documents to [email protected] or they can mail them to our PO Box. You can also find another copy of the scholarship on our website below.
Gregg County Bar Association Scholarship Due 4/6/22
To be considered for one of the Scholarships, an applicant must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. The Gregg County Bar Association Scholarship award is for seniors in any public or private high school (including charter schools) in Gregg County, including but not limited to the following: Longview High School, Pine Tree High School, White Oak High School, Spring Hill High School, Christian Heritage School, Trinity School of Texas, Longview Christian School, East Texas Christian School, East Texas Charter School, Sabine High School, Kilgore High School, and Gladewater High School.
2. The applicant must enroll in a minimum course load of 12 semester hours for the 2022 Fall semester.*
3. Only one scholarship will be given per family per year.
4. Gregg County Bar Association family members are eligible for a scholarship.
5. Applicant must submit the completed scholarship application and essay to Gregg County Bar Association by 12:00 p.m. to be received on or before April 6, 2022. Email completed scholarship applications to [email protected]
Instructions: CLICK HERE
Longview 20/20 Forum Scholarship Due 4/2/22
Any graduating senior of Longview, Spring Hill or Pine Tree High School who is not a son, daughter, grandson, granddaughter, niece
or nephew of a member of the 20/20 Board of Directors is eligible for consideration. Student must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Resident.
Include with your application:
• Essay - one page on your education and career plans
• Current Transcript
• One letter of recommendation from a teacher or employer
Return completed application by April 8, 2022 to
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 3502
Longview, TX 75606-3502
Stonewater Roofing College Scholarship Due 4/10/22
You could be the lucky recipient of a $2500 scholarship from Stonewater Roofing. If you are a current senior in high school, and plan on furthering your education after high school, Stonewater Roofing wants to help you succeed. If you plan on earning a certificate or a 4-year degree, you are welcome to apply.
To enter, simply click the "Enter Your Own" button below and upload a video of yourself talking about the following:
Winners to be contacted the week of April 10, 2022, and announced via FB Live from the Stonewater Roofing Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/stonewaterroofing/), the following Friday, June 18, 2022.
GM2 Foundation Scholarship Due: 4/15/22
The GM2 Foundation Scholarship is a one-time $1,000 scholarship awarded to a student who shows achievement and perseverance in academics, extra-curricular activities and the community. The only two criteria for this scholarship are
1) an East Texas* high school senior with at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 point scale, and
2) the student must be attending a two (2) year junior college in East Texas*. The GM2 Foundation hopes to identify a student who is well-rounded, has a desire to achieve a Bachelor’s degree, and will use the GM2 Foundation Scholarship as a springboard for advancement and ultimately, paying it forward. However, there is no ‘model’ student for this scholarship.
(*) GM2’s East Texas includes the following counties: Anderson, Angelina, Bowie, Camp, Cass, Cherokee, Delta, Franklin, Freestone, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Hopkins, Houston, Lamar, Leon, Marion, Morris, Nacogdoches, Panola, Rains, Red River, Rusk, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, Smith, Titus, Trinity, Upshur, Van Zandt and Wood.
Peltier Teacher's Scholarship Due 4/15/22
ow to Enter:
Scholarship participants may log on to www.peltierscholarship.com, between January 15, 2022, and April 15, 2022, to enter the program. Parents of students must “Like” on any one of our three (5) Facebook Pages. “Likes” will be verified in order for Student’s application to be considered COMPLETE. Fill out the application completely and then submit. Should you wish to check the status of your Application, please email [email protected] with your questions.
Mayor Mack Scholarship Due 4/15/22
Mayor Mack provides a scholarship to local students who have shown an attitude of service to the Longview community. Graduating seniors from Longview High School, Longview Early Graduation High School, Pine Tree High School, Pine Tree PACE Campus, Spring Hill High School and Hallsville High School who are residents of Longview are eligible to apply for this one-time, $2,000 scholarship to college. One scholarship will be awarded per high school to students for furthering their education. These funds, which total $8,000, are provided by Mayor Andy Mack and Councilwoman Kristen Ishihara. Rather than receive an annual stipend for their service, the Mayor and Councilwoman Ishihara chose to use their stipends to invest in students' futures.
Recipients must be a resident of the City of Longview (within the city limits of Longview, TX) and be a graduating senior from Longview High School, Longview Early Graduation High School, Pine Tree High School, Pine Tree PACE Campus, Spring Hill High School or Hallsville High School .
The completed application and one-page essay may be submitted online, mailed, or delivered to City Hall. Applications must be received by 5 p.m., Thursday, April 15, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
Online Application: https://www.longviewtexas.gov/3173/Mayor-Macks-Scholarship
Donnie Daniels, Jr. Foundation Scholarship Due 4/22/22
To be considered, please be sure to submit:
Personal biography along with a student photo.
Three letters of reference (Two school-related and one community service related)
Essay of 300 or more words (Topic of your choice)
Official High School Transcript
Demonstrate a grade point average of 3.0 o above.
The deadline to return all scholarship applications is April 22, 2021 (postmarked).
Pine Tree Masonic Lodge #1396 Scholarship Due 4/30/22
Complete the below application and mail it to:
Pine Tree Masonic Lodge #1396
Attn: Scholarship Committee
2709 Pine Tre Road
Longview, TX 75604-1646
PTHS Class of 1995 Scholarship Due 5/6/22
Kilgore College Superintendent’s Scholarship Due 5/18/2022
Students must be a graduating senior from PTHS in May 2022.
Students must attend Kilgore College for the Fall 2022 semester.
Must be in the top 50% of the senior class.
Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA.
Students must submit their completed scholarship applications to the Mrs. Cowden in the Counseling Center by 3:50 PM on 5/18/2022.
Kilgore College Principal’s Scholarship Due 5/18/2022
Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA
Students must submit their completed scholarship applications to the Mrs. Cowden in the Counseling Center by 3:50 PM on 5/18/2022
Robert and Rosalee Sprouse Excellence in Education Scholarship Due 5/18/2022
Students must be a dependent from a PTISD teacher/educator.
Students must submit their completed scholarship applications to the Mrs. Cowden in the Counseling Center by 3:50 PM on 5/18/2022.
SAT TEST DATES
ACT TEST DATES
KHAN ACADEMY TEST PREP
ACT ACADEMY TEST PREP
TSIA2 STUDYING RESOURCE
Capstone SAT & ACT Test Prep
Students that qualify for the district's Free/Reduced Lunch Program may be eligible for fee waivers to take the SAT, ACT, and get other benefits to apply to college.
Students can request a fee waiver in the high school's Counseling Center.
Used by most colleges and universities in Texas.
Click here to begin your application.
THE COMMON APP
Used by colleges and private schools across the country.
* Senior Checklist
* Apply Texas Essays
* Letter of Recommendation Request Form
* College Application Tracker
* Step-by-Step Dual Credit Application Guide
* TSIA2 Study Resources
Students can fill out a transcript request form in the Counseling Center.
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (903)295-5031 ext. 1142
Location: Counseling Center
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A REQUEST TO MEET WITH MRS. HERNANDEZ
Pine Tree High School
Physical Address: 900 Northwest Drive Longview, TX 75604
Mailing Address: P O Box 5878 Longview, TX 75608
Campus Telephone Number: (903) 295-5031
Fax Number: (903) 295-5029
Copyright © 2016-2021 - Pine Tree Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM