1st Period- Athletics
2nd Period-Engineering Design & Presentation I
3rd Period-Engineering Design & Presentation I
4th Period- Planning
5th Period-Engineering Design & Presentation II
6th Period- Engineering Design & Presentation II/ Problem Solving
8th Period- Athletics
Cody Ellis, M.Ed., USAW, NASM-PES
Strength & Conditioning Director
Login info for all students:
For students Active Directory login (aka Computer Login) it will be the student ID number for login name and birthdate as the password. Birthdate is in three letter month (first capitalized) , two number day and four number year. Example would be Mar031993.
Google Drive/Gmail/Classroom Accounts for 7th-12th Grade will be [email protected] for the account and the password will again be their birthdate. Again, Birthdate is in three letter month (first capitalized) , two number day and four number year. Example would be Mar031993.
Once logged in to your Google Account you need to access classlink.com. Create a login and click use with google (gmail). This is the place you will sign in to daily to access all your apps in one place. This will log your time each day so make sure this is the FIRST thing you do daily for this course!
3D Printing: Design
Design Solutions gives teams of students the opportunity to utilize 3-D design software to create small designs that may be printed using the classroom 3-D printers. Coach Ellis will present basic design information along with copyright and patent information. Students will gain experience using software tutorials provided by the software manufacturer. Hands-on design work will be supplemented with a Design Logbook. Students will be challenged with Problem of the Day activities to design or modify products that will increase in difficulty. At the end of the activities, each team of students will print their design solution and present their product to the class.
Upon completion of this activity, students will:
• Understand how an engineer moves a design from an idea to a 3-D object.
• Understand how 3-D design software is used by product designers.
• Understand the protection provided by a copyright, patent, and trademark.
• Develop a solution to a given design problem.
• Understand the role CAM software performs during the manufacturing process.
• Understand one of the methods used for 3-D printing.
3D Printing: Vehicle Engineering
Using the provided activity materials and a Dremel 3D Printer, students design a battery-powered vehicle. The activity is designed to be completed in teams. Students are guided through the design process by the Engineering Notebook. After students have completed this activity, they will understand how rapid prototyping is used by engineers to solve design problems in an iterative manner. An engineering challenge is an ideal way to wrap up a simple machines or mechanics unit with a hands-on design challenge.
After completing this activity, students will have achieved the following learning outcomes:
• Students will understand how an engineer takes an idea from paper to a 3-D printed prototype.
• Students will understand what CAD is and how it is used by engineers.
• Students will understand what CAM is and how it is used by engineers.
• Students will develop a design solution using given design constraints.
• Students will evaluate competing conceptual design solutions using a decision matrix for decision making.
• Students will collect and interpret data gathered by physical experiments.
• Students will plan and execute an experiment.
• Students will use experimental data to compare and draw conclusions that lead to an improved design solution.
• Students will discuss the intended/unintended consequences of design changes.
• Students will apply the mathematical concept of ratios to improve their design solution.
• Students will understand the difference between the mass and weight of their vehicle.
Pine Tree High School
Physical Address: 900 Northwest Drive Longview, TX 75604
Mailing Address: P O Box 5878 Longview, TX 75608
Campus Telephone Number: (903) 295-5031
Fax Number: (903) 295-5029
Copyright © 2016 - Pine Tree Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM